ENC is soliciting research proposals for the 2012 grant year. A letter of intent is due Friday, January 13, 2012. See the research section of ENC’s website for more details.
Below are ENC 2012 Research Priorities:
1. Nutrition in health and disease:
• Obesity: particular emphasis on childhood obesity.
• Heart disease: effect of eggs on lipoprotein or cholesterol metabolism.
2. Nutrition for a healthy lifestyle:
• Nutrient density: contribution of eggs to a healthy diet. Approaches may include diet modeling, evaluation of bioavailability, and synergistic effects of eggs with other foods.
• Protein: use of eggs at breakfast related to satiety, glycemic control, body composition, or inflammation.
3. Nutrition for special populations:
• Diabetes: relationship of eggs to onset or progression of type 2 diabetes.
• Nutrition for healthy aging: contributions of protein/eggs related to aging and nutrition.
4. Nutritional value of eggs or egg components:
• An interest in pilot studies to evaluate the potential to use components of eggs as value-added food