“ENC was thrilled to work with the CIA to develop delicious and nutritious recipes using nutrient-rich eggs. The recipes demonstrate how eggs can be incorporated into meals or dishes for those with specific nutritional needs such as athletes or those with diabetes, as well as specific eating patterns, like the Mediterranean-style diet or a plant-based diet.” – Tia M. Rains, Ph.D., Senior Director, Nutrition Research & Communications at ENC.
Members of the Egg Nutrition Center’s group of Health Professional Advisors, provide commentary in some of the videos to demonstrate the health benefits of the following recipes:
- Mediterranean Cobb Salad with Kathleen Zelman, MPH, RD, LD discusses the popular Mediterranean diet, which is considered by many as the healthiest diet on the planet.
- Egg Muffin Cups with Amy Campbell, MS, RD, LDN, CDE shows how this tasty recipe fits within recommendations for diabetes, metabolic disease and blood sugar management.
- Mixed Vegetable Frittata with Karen Buch, RDN, LDN explains the importance of eating a balanced, protein-packed breakfast to give the body’s metabolism a kick-start.
- Scrambled Egg Breakfast Burrito with Dave Ellis, RD, CSCS talks about the importance of a protein-rich breakfast to fuel athletes for performance.
- Sautéed Greens with a Poached Egg with Tia M. Rains, PhD discusses the evidence showing that plant-based diets are the healthiest way to eat to reduce risk of chronic diseases such as atherosclerosis, cancer, and type 2 diabetes.